Milone & MacBroom supports our employees in their professional development and dedication to their respective professional affiliations. The following is a list of recent presentations given by employees:
2nd Annual Connecticut Association of Flood Managers Annual Conference: (October 2015) Roy Schiff, Ph.D., P.E. and Scott Bighinatti, CFM presented Evaluating the Costs and Benefits of Floodplain Protection in the Town of Waterbury, Vermont which focused one community’s evaluation of the long term economic benefits to enacting a variety of floodplain management regulations.
New York City DEP Riparian Buffer Zone Enhancement & Establishment Training Course: (January 2015) Matthew Sanford, MS, PWS, Jason Williams, L.A, amd Mark Carabatta, PWS, CFM, conducted a day long training on bioengineering techniques that will help New York officials with current and future restoration projects that help protect public drinking water.
New York City DEP Hydraulics & Geomorphology Training Course: (November 2014) James G. MacBroom, P.E., Roy Schiff, Ph.D., P.E., and Mark Carabatta, PWS, CFM conducted a three day training course on stream dynamics that included hydraulics and fluvial geomorphology for over 100 state employees.
5th Annual Ashokan Watershed Conference, Olivebridge, NY: (April 2014) Roy Schiff, Ph.D., P.E. presented Stream Corridor Management, new approaches to river corridor planning. Click here to view the (full length) video presentation.
93rd Annual Transportation Research Board Conference, Washington, D.C.: (January 2014) Tim Baird of Milone & MacBroom's Planning Department presented “Nudging Active Travel: A Framework for Behavioral Interventions Using Mobile Technology". The presentation focused on how information technology and mobile devices are changing how people interact with urban transportation systems.
- Association of State Floodplain Managers Conference, Hartford, CT: (June 2013) James G. MacBroom, P.E., and Roy Schiff, P.E., P.h.D., presented "Recovering from Large Floods" which focused on identifying risks and strategizing flood recovery efforts.
- Pennsylvania Flood Mitigation Association (PAFMA) Conference: (October 2012). David Murphy, P.E. presented “River and Floodplain Protection in the Catskill Mountains in the Aftermath of Hurricane Irene”.
- Connecticut Environmental Health Association’s Annual Yankee Conference on Environmental Health: (September 2012). David Murphy, P.E. presented “Sensitive Development Techniques for Protection of a Public Water Supply”.
- American Public Works Association (APWA) New England Chapter Summer Conference: (June 2012) David Murphy, P.E., Water Resources Engineer, presented“An Innovative Process for Selecting and Developing Hazard Mitigation Grant Projects” at the conference.
- Association of State Floodplain Managers (ASFPM) Annual Conference: (May 2012) David Murphy, P.E., Senior Water Resources Engineer presented “An Innovative Process for Soliciting, Screening, Selecting, and Developing Mitigation Projects” at the conference.
- New York State Flood and Stormwater Management (NYSFSM) Annual Conference: (May 2012) David Murphy, P.E., Senior Water Resources Engineer presented “Process for Soliciting, Selecting, and Developing Mitigation Projects."
- Rhode Island Flood Mitigation Association (RIFMA) Annual Conference: (April 2012) David Murphy, P.E., Senior Water Resources Engineer presented “River and Floodplain Protection in the Catskill Mountains in the Aftermath of Hurricane Irene."
- Geological Society of America Meeting, Hartford, Connecticut: (March 2012) James MacBroom, P.E., co-founder and Senior Vice President presented at the meeting.
- Connecticut Section American Water Works Association (AWWA) Annual Technical Conference and Vendor Expo: (February 2012) David Murphy, P.E., Senior Water Resources Engineer presented “Developing and Constructing a Dedicated Industrial Water Supply” at the conference.
- Ashokan Watershed Conference, Flood Resilience for Towns, Businesses and Landowners - Kingston, New York: (April 2011) James MacBroom, P.E., co-founder and Senior Vice President presented "Planning for Stream Response to Increased Rainfall".
- Westchester County Conference - New York: (2009) James MacBroom, P.E., co-founder and Senior Vice President, presented on stormwater management.
- Connecticut Association of Land Surveyors Annual Conference - Southington & Norwich, CT: (October 2009) William Nagle Jr., L.S., Survey Project Manager, presented the role of CAD drawings in the stakeout and construction process.
- Scour Analysis Training and Review for the Maine DOT - Maine: (February 2009) James MacBroom, P.E.,. Senior Vice President, presented a training seminar during this conference.
- Synthetic Turf Council Annual Meeting - Tampa, Florida: (March 2009) Scott Bristol, LEP, presented on the potential effects to air & water quality with regards to thermal impacts of synthetic turf field installations.
- The Farmington River Basin – FRWA Annual Meeting: (2008) James MacBroom, P.E., co-founder and Senior Vice President presented.
- Appropriate Stream Management Techniques for Flood Reduction & Environmental Management Commissioner’s Flood Summit – NY State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) -Kingston, NY: (October 2008) Vincent McDermott, FASLA, AICP, Senior Vice President presented
- Ballou Dam Removal Case Study – University of Wisconsin: (2008) James MacBroom, P.E., co-founder and Senior Vice President presented.